Monday, March 14, 2011

Review: L'Oreal Paris One Sweep Eye Shadow

We've all have always wanted that machine that just did our hair for us, or did our makeup for us all at once. So when I seen the L'Oreal Paris One Sweep Eye Shadow, I was really curious - has our dream for easy application really came true?

Jump over to see my thoughts on it!






I got the eye shadow at Ulta for $10 - a little pricey for eye shadow if you ask me. I got the color palette above: Playful for Brown Eyes. I got that rather than one for all eyes or blue eyes because this is the color Eva Longoria used in her ad for the product. I was going to get another one, but since it was a little pricey, I wanted to try it out and see how I liked it.

Pros: Well, it was a good idea. I like that L'Oreal is trying to get a product out there that is easy for their consumers to use, rather than a 3 or 4 color palette with instructions on where to place each color.

Cons: The colors were not pigmented at all, even when I used eyeshadow primer underneath. Also, the applicator was really difficult for me to use and get used to. I had to take individual makeup brushes to go back over the colors to darken them. Another thing is, I was confused on the placement of the colors. Is the purple supposed to be a lid, the dark brown supposed to be the crease, and the lighter brown/pink a brow highlight? For me, it didn't turn out like that... The purple was more of a liner, the brown was a crease/lid thing, and the lighter brown/pink was a really low highlight/crease. It just didn't really look right on my eyes.

Overall: Rather than a scale rating, I'm going to just pass/fail this one. Unfortunately, I have to fail it. :( I really wanted this to be the next big thing in makeup, but for me, it's not working out. Unpigmented colors, difficult application.

If you guys try this out, please let me know how you like it! Were your colors pigmented? Was it easy to use for your eyes?

1 comment: