Friday, February 18, 2011

Review: Biore Deep Cleaning Pore Strips

Alright, I never really had an interest in trying pore strips until I seen a video from YouTube guru and Lancome makeup artist Michelle Phan. She made a video of how to make your own pore strips using unflavored gelatin and milk. I absolutely loved it! However, I'm at college right now (3 1/2 hours away from home) and I refuse to buy milk because I know I'll never drink it and I won't buy a carton of milk just for pore strips. Haha. So, I went out to see just how good these kind of expensive Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips would be.



One of the main things I think of when it comes to facial cleansing or skin care are nose strips. I have tons of blackheads on my nose, so I decided to give Biore's Deep Cleansing Pore Strips a shot.



The point of pore strips is to get rid of blackheads, cleanse your pores (duh), and make your pores look smaller. To use the strips, you take one out of the packaging, be sure the tears in the strip are torn, wash your face, be sure the area you put the strip on (your nose and tiny bit of your cheeks) is wet, then stick the strip on. Wait 10-15 minutes until the strip is stiff and dry (it says like paper-mache) and peel it off.

Pros: I use the strips once a week and after pulling off the strip, you can see all the stuff it pulls out of your pores. It's so disgusting, but it's so cool! It also leaves my nose area feeling super super soft.
Cons: These things are expensive. I think I paid $6-7 for a pack of 8 strips. That's why I really like Michelle Phan's DIY strips instead.
Overall: I like the pore strips, but being as expensive as they are, I'd really recommend the DIY instead. I'd give the strips an 8 out of 10.

To check out that video from Michelle Phan, click here! Be sure to check out her other videos too. She's great!

Hope you guys enjoyed! & Sorry it took so long for an update. I think I'm gonna do another post of how crazy busy I am...
Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment