Friday, February 18, 2011

Review: Ulta 3-in-1 Shower Smoothie

When it came time to do holiday shopping, Ulta had a sale on their 3-in-1 Shower Smoothies. I read some other reviews about them, but after trying it for myself, I've came up with some thoughts. :)

The Ulta 3-in-1 Shower Smoothie can be used as a shampoo, bubble bath, and a shower gel. Along with the Shower Smoothie, Ulta has lotions and hand creams in the same scents.

Review after the jump!




Just a couple of things before I begin:
I've been using the shower smoothie for about a month and a half now. I've used it as a shampoo, a bubble bath, and a shower gel. I have the Buttercream Cupcake scent. I have somewhat sensitive skin.
Pros: The smell is absolutely amazing. I've smelled just about all of the scents including Appletini, Cocolada, Pink Champagne, Black Berry, Strawberry, Peppermint, Spicy Gumdrop, and Tangerine Dream. Whether the product is being used as a shampoo, bubble bath, or shower gel, it lathers very, very well.
Cons: As a shampoo: Ulta doesn't have a conditioner to go with the scent and if I don't use a conditioner, then my hair feels rough. So, my hair doesn't smell like a cupcake afterwards (I can't find a cupcake scented conditioner, lol). Also, obviously if the product lathers so well and smells so good, then the sulfate level must be extremely high. My scalp and hairline break out really bad if I have a high sulfate shampoo, which is what happened with this as a shampoo.
As a bubble bath: None.
As a shower gel: I went from an acne clearing body wash to this. Being used to the salicylic acid from the body wash and going to something without it, I think it was the reason I started breaking out on my upper back.
Overall: I like the Shower Smoothies, but just as a buttercream cupcake is a once-in-a-while treat, I believe the Shower Smoothie is as well. Other scents may vary. Overall, I would give the 3-in-1 Shower Smoothies a 6.5 out of 10.
By the way, Merry Belated Christmas to everyone!
Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment