Friday, February 18, 2011

Nasty blemish? No time to run to the store? DIY Concealer!

Today, as I was getting ready, I realized that my blemishes were starting to get really, really nasty and red. I don't have any liquid concealer (haven't gotten a chance to go out and buy any) and I didn't want to go to class looking like a complete pizza face. So, I found a solution to hide nasty blemishes and redness. Note: I would only do this if I had no concealer on me and my foundation wasn't covering it as well as I want it to.




First: I applied Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer. It moisturizes dry skin and treats pimples and breakouts. You can use any primer/lotion that you choose.

Second: I applied my foundation to my entire face. After, I put a little on my fingers and dotted it on my red blemishes on my cheeks and forehead.

Third: Using my Coastal Scents 88 palette (just the basic one, not the warm or shimmer), I put a green eyeshadow (I used R1-3) on a dense eyeshadow brush and patted it onto my blemishes. A green base helps conceal redness. Then, using my finger, I lightly blended it around the skin around the blemish in a circular motion.

Fourth: Using a color close to my skin tone (I used R1-9 which looks a little more peachy in the photo than it really is), I did the same thing I did with the green color.

When I was done, I applied my makeup as normal.

This trick really helped for me and didn't make my face feel cakey at all. I hope it helps you guys, too! :) Let me know what you think.

Good luck!
Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment