Friday, February 18, 2011

DOUBLE Review: Sephora Collection I.T. Stippling Brush & Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation

When I went to Chicago (this was a few months ago, but this blog was written in the current time!) I couldn't help but stop in a Sephora. I'm addicted, I know! I needed some new foundation, and a nice new brush, so why not knock it out while I was there? I found bliss.

See the pictures of the brush & foundation after the jump!




So, I purchased the Sephora Collection I.T. Stippling Brush ($32 at Sephora). I was debating on this one and one a little bigger that was a couple dollars more, but the MUA I was speaking to recommended this one. What a stippling brush is supposed to do is to help apply your foundation while giving your face an airbrushed look. Unlike a foundation brush where you kind of use painting motions to apply your foundation.

Pros: It's pink! :) Who doesn't love pink? Especially in a makeup jar full of black brushes. It also comes with a cover to keep dirt and dust off of it when it's not in use. The cover is also a very durable plastic with a pop off cap. Unlike the brush guards I use, which are a flexible, woven plastic, it's reliable for traveling. My brush guards just frayed the heck out of a couple of my brushes because I traveled with them. Grrr. Anyways, it's also compact, so the brush doesn't take up a whole lot of room in my makeup jar I have. The brush's stem is also very long.
Cons: The actual brush bristles are small in area, which I knew before purchasing, but I didn't think it would make much of a difference.

Application: I use my Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation with this. When applying the foundation, I apply a drop to my hand, stipple the brush into the product, and then stipple onto my face. Application takes MUCH longer than a foundation brush (which is a given) and I can be a little impatient when it takes 10 minutes just to apply foundation. So to assist with time, I will usually take my foundation brush and finish it off.

Overall: I would recommend the brush, but I think a bigger brush would be more efficient. I'd give this product a 7 out of 10.


The foundation I purchased is the Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation ($40 at Sephora; also available at Ulta). Before using this, I was using Covergirl's Clean Foundation with oil control. I chose Make Up For Ever rather than Clinique or Sephora or Lancome or others because it is seriously one of the most recommended foundations at Sephora. I've used Make Up For Ever foundation before when I was llike 16 or something, and I remember it made my skin look absolutely flawless even with acne and blemishes.
Pros: It matches my skin tone perfectly, and makes my skin less oily throughout the day. I also LOVE the pump. The Covergirl foundation I was previously using needed to pour out onto your hand or whatever, and it is such a pain in the butt when you have to bruise your wrist just to get the stuff out! Grrrrr... lol. Anyways, it also comes with a cap to protect the pump from being accidentally hit.

Cons: The pump doesn't have much control. Sometimes I want just a teeny tiny drop of foundation, but it wants to give you the whole pump's worth so it can kind of give you too much product. And for me, I hate wasting product, so I just use all of it. Which might make me look a little cakey... It's just a peeve I have of wasting good product that cost a little extra money. However, the pump issue could be because it's relatively new... Maybe it will get easier in time :).

Application: It seriously makes my face look beautiful for a long period of time. All of my other stuff has had the tendency to be absorbed into my skin or sweat off throughout the day. But MUFE really has a good formula that stays on your skin and makes your skin look amazing. By the way, I apply this with the stippling brush above, and sometimes a foundation brush. I used Costal Scents' foundation brush and Sephora Proffessional's foundation brush. Costal Scents' brush came in a set of 14 brushes for about $30-$35; Sephora's brush was $30, but is MUCH thicker to hold more product, but that's off topic anyways. Haha O:).

Overall: I love this foundation, and would recommend MUFE to anybody, whether your have problem skin or not. I give this product a 9.5 out of 10!
Enjoy! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment