Saturday, June 25, 2011

Review: Redken Ringlet 07

Ever since I got here in New York, I've admired my wonderful roommate Alex's naturally wavy/curly hair.  Unfortunately for my hair, my natural waves are flat, frizzy, and they aren't really sure what they want to do. I've tried using a combo of mousse, gel, root boot, and hairspray with a diffuser to just get crunchy hair. And there isn't really much I hate more than when my hair is crunchy.

But, since she was a hair model for Redken and was handed a bunch of free products, I discovered her Ringlet 07. I used it, and I knew I had to share with you all!


Like I said, my hair never really knows what it wants to do. But this is what I did to achieve my pretty curls:


After diffusing and a little hairspray, it's complete!
  1. Wash my hair, then towel dry it as much as possible.
  2. Create my part and try not to comb any of my hair. 
  3. Scrunch some mousse into my hair, followed by leave-in conditioner, Redken Ringlet 07, and heat protectant.
  4. Diffuse my hair on low and with warm heat, not hot. (I just prefer not to over heat my hair, you don't really need to.)
  5. Don't move your hair dryer up and down in a scrunching motion; this will cause frizziness. Just hold it in place and get it to the roots.
  6. After it's mostly dry, keep diffusing with cool air to set the style.
  7. Hairspray in place. I like to flip my hair upside down and hairspray for maximum volume. :)
No, I don't have ombre hair, but it looks
that way for some odd reason. But, you can
see that my curls look fabulous.
So, how do I know the Ringlet 07 is what made my hair so nice rather than just diffusing it?

Pros: Compared to using gel to style my curls, my hair looks like I got in the shower and let it air dry, and my hair is naturally that nice. Gel weighs my hair down, where as the Ringlet 07 is lightweight and a completely different texture than gel. It's more of a lotion.

Cons: It can be a little sticky, but it doesn't bother me that much. :)

Overall, this is a great product and I'd recommend it to anybody trying to make their natural curls come to life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment