Saturday, May 7, 2011

Review: Too Faced Shadow Insurance Glitter Glue

Hey everybody! I'm finally back!! :) As an early present, my wonderful momma got me a MacBook Pro. I also just finished up my final exams and I'll be moving out to the Big Apple in 5 days! Which means... more blog time!

Now that I'm back, I can give a great review on Too Faced's Shadow Insurance Glitter Glue. For all my high schoolers reading, if you plan on using glitter on your eyes for your Prom day, you need to check this out!






First off, I used this stuff for Angela's prom makeup. She wanted glitter to incorporate with her dress. I heard about the Glitter Glue from Too Faced e-mails they send me, so I thought I would go try it out to see if it would be a good choice for her glitter.

Pros: This stuff is super sticky! I used it with Too Faced Glamour Dust (a fine glitter) and it would NOT move. The formula of this and normal eyeshadow primer like the Shadow Insurance is completely different because of the different textures of the eye makeup.

Cons: It is EXTREMELY hard to get off completely (when paired with glitter, at least) because it is meant to hold for a long time. If you want to get it off, be sure to use a gentle eye makeup remover to do so. It's also a little pricey (as is most eyeshadow primer) at $18 a tube.

Overall: Would I buy it again? Probably not, since I'm not a huge glitter fiend. But do I recommend it to those of you who are? Oh yes! I bet even if normal eyeshadow primers aren't doing the trick for you, this would answer your prayers. Its sticky formula and long lasting hold would probably do the same for any types of shadows.

Recommendations: When applying this into a small area (such as your upper lash line) rather than on the entire lid, use a clean angled or flat brush to apply it on directly. Then, use a different angled or flat brush to apply your glitter on top of that. Also, be sure to use a napkin or tissue to put under your eye when applying glitter - fall out from glitter is really hard to get off your face!

Hope you all enjoyed! I'll be back soon with an OOTD and a couple more things!

xo, Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment