Thursday, March 3, 2011

Michigan Blogger Meet Up ♡

Sorry it's taken me so long to chat about the awesome time I had with the MI Blogger girls last weekend! This past weekend/week has been absolutely insane.

Friday night, all of us Michigan Bloggers met up at St. Cecilia's Music Center for the Aqualush Fashion Show put on by Kendall College of Arts & Design. The show was so interesting to watch (I have never been to a fashion show before) and a lot of the designs were awesome. It bothered me a little bit because the hosts were reading off of clip boards and a lot of the models were very slouchy and didn't look like they wanted to be there, but for the most part, it was a great time. The band they had playing there, Alexis, was such an awesome band to hear! Very different sound, but it they did a great job and the music went so well with the water, sea, ocean theme.

Afterward, we all went out to the BOB for drinks and food. But, since Alex, Ellen, and I were all widdle babies, we had to be out of there by 10. So we just got lemonade and Coke and spent the hour or so we had there just getting to know the girls a little more and checking out the awesome goodie bags that Tieka put together for us!

Pictures after the jump!




Sorry my pictures totally suck! I don't have a fancy camera, just a BlackBerry.
But this design was a high waist skirt and a cropped top. I adored it!

I love these leggings. Period.

Alex, Ellen, & I at the Monkey Bar after the show.

Again. :). I obviously went with the springy dress. The Whitney Eve outfit just doesn't work with me. :(

And this is my "twin," Kate from With a Heart Full of Daisies. Love her and her dress!!

 Tieka also made us these great goodie bags! Included was an issue of Lucky magazine, an adorable cocktail ring, a nail polish (which, by the way I'm in love with the color!), a little journal, a Biore makeup remover towelette sample, and some lingerie that Lee&Birch sponsored. It was all just so amazing and am so blown away with how much effort she put into this.

It was wonderful meeting all the girls from the meet up! Being a new blogger and all, I really look up to them for inspiration and ways to make my blog successful. I can't wait till we all meet again soon. Thank you especially to Tieka of Selective Potential for organizing this fun night out and for the lovely goodie bags!

Now, go follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment